Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
Cameron and Associates offers assistance to any covered employee that has been involved in or has witnessed a traumatic event. The Critical Incident Response Team consists of professional counselors fully trained in all aspects of Critical Incident Response. Our Team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Services Are Designed to Take Care of Your Employees
- We offer a full range of services, from one-on-one counseling to on and off-site debriefing and defusing, group education and other specifically designed services.
- We come to you. Interventions may be initiated at the work site or any designated location that best meets the needs of the employees involved.
- We assess each critical incident and select an intervention that will best meet employee needs.
- We initiate a close follow-up procedure so that employees receive needed service(s) to assist them during their adjustment period.
When employees get the help they need, they adjust faster to day-to-day living at work and at home.
For additional information about these services, call Cameron and Associates at 1-800-334-6014.
What is a Critical Incident?
A "critical incident" is any event that causes an abnormal stress reaction. The distress people experience after a critical incident limits their ability to cope, impairs their ability to adjust, and negatively impacts the work environment. Examples of traumatic events that produce such reactions include:
- A coworker's death, suicide or serious illness
- A violent or threatening incident in the work setting
- Natural or manmade disaster that affects the workers' ability to function in the workplace
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing is a process that prevents or limits the development of post-traumatic stress in people exposed to critical incidents. Professionally conducted debriefings help people cope with, and recover from an incident's aftereffects. CISD enables participants to understand that they are not alone in their reactions to a distressing event, and provides them with an opportunity to discuss their thoughts and feelings in a controlled, safe environment. Ideally, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing occurs within 24 to 72 hours of an incident.