The Importance of an EAP and Counseling Services
Everybody wins with an EAP
Cameron and Associates is a national leader in quality EAP and counseling Services. Numerous studies have shown that employees' personal problems can result in absenteeism, poor job performance, increased on-the-job accidents, and higher medical benefit costs. Managers and supervisors are generally unable to recognize and offer solutions to employees' personal problems. An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling service, paid for by the employer, that is designed to help employees and family members who have personal problems that can interfere with their work and family life.
Employees And Their Families Win With EAP And Counseling Because...
Eligible employees, family and household members can receive free and confidential help from professional counselors in the areas of:
- Emotional problems
- Marital and family problems
- Alcohol and drug problems
- Legal and financial problems
- Child care and elder care concerns
- 24 hour emergency help
- Grief and traumatic events
Employers Win With EAP And Counseling Because...
Employers can benefit from:
- Reduced Costs for Medical Benefits
- Reduced Turnover
- Reduced Absenteeism
- Increased Productivity
- Improved Concentration and Efficiency
- Reduced Lost-Time Accidents
- Improved Morale
- Increased Overall Wellness of Employees
Labor Organizations Win With EAP And Counseling Because...
Labor organizations may identify the EAP as:
- a resource to assist with employee referrals
- a partner to help build relationships between employees, the union, and employers
Also See: The Importance of an EAP and Counseling Services for Employees and Family Members